Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DIY - Autumn Tulle Wreath

I posted this picture on Instagram and Facebook a couple of weeks ago and got a few questions for a tutorial on how to make your own. 





Problem is, my friend Laura and I could not find the step-by-step instructions for the life of us when we finally sat down to start the project. 



I'm sure you can guess where we got the inspiration... or should I say Pinspiration but the picture link didn't lead anywhere so we kind of had to just wing it from the beginning.



This was the original idea give or take what we ended up doing.





Laura went to Hobby Lobby for all of the materials and bought hay wreaths instead of the foam ones since they were on sale and seemed to be more "fall" anyways.





We opened a bottle of wine because... well why not, and got to work for some tedious tulle cutting and tying. <--- that word doesn't look like it's spelled right but the internet is telling me otherwise so I'm going with it. Sorry if it's misspelled and offends anyone.



We cut about 6-8 inches for each strip from the four color spools of tulle and scrunched them together to wrap around the wreath. For some odd reason we ran out of green really early so had to improvise with the patterns we started out with but you can't really tell from the finished product.





And then we had fun playing around with some fake leaves and pumpkins laying around the house until we were satisfied enough to make it permanent and started hot-gluing those suckers on.





The Finished Project:





All in all, it was a fairly easy project and not too time consuming compared to some of the other Pinterest projects I have done in the past. We even talked about making winter wreaths after Christmas is over with silver, blue, and white tulle and attaching snowflakes but we'll see how ambitious we are once the Holidays are over. 






15 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!!!

    I might have to get ambitious and do the same thing (I love making wreaths!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I am working on a OSU wreath right now or else I would totally be hunting for an autumn wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat project! If I ever get ambitious enough, I might have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute!! And I love your new background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I love the new blog design too; so chic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these crafty projects that you do! Thanks for the Pinspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I love it!! I like the new design too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out so cute! Good job figuring it out without instructions!
    And love the new blog design - so different than any of the ones you've had before (or at least since I've been following :) Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wreath came out great. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaa, іts nice conversation on the topic of this piece of wгіtіng here at thіs wеbsite, I have гead all
    that, ѕο at this tіme me
    also commenting at this plаce.
    My site ... samsung

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!! It looks pretty simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy moly that turned out cute! I should make Andrea do that with me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow love great job! it look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

And So It Began

And So It Began
December 21, 2008

Willow Bear

Willow Bear
Our Furry "Daughter"

Sisters

Sisters
"A sister is never farther away than needing her can reach."

Follow Along

Family & Friends

Designed By:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved