Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WILW - Sunny Side Up


Look at me, I'm blogging!

And when there is no rhyme or reason to my muddled brain, you get a post dump. Just in time for What I'm Loving Wednesday too. =)




  I’m loving that we leave for vacation to sunny Mexico in 2 short weeks! I'm so over the moon excited that I'm losing my mind. Focusing at work has become a job all on its own and I fear my brain has already gone to the beach without me. It is going to be torture until we finally board that plane. 

 I'm loving all the decorating projects I've been up to, trying to keep myself occupied and thinking about things other than Mexico. The white comforter in our bedroom wasn’t looking so white anymore so we finally caved and bought a new set. This is the first one Jeremy picked out before me and I have to say that I was pretty impressed with his taste.
We are living in a very grey and white world right now.

  Along with the decorating/project theme, I'm loving the fun coffee filter wreath craft my friend Whitney and I finished a couple of weeks ago. We have become a tad obsessed with Pinterest lately and were both in a spring type mood so decided to give this one a go.



It obviously doesn't look nearly as good as the example {do they ever?} and took a lot longer than we had planned, but we really enjoyed the time spent on them while our guys played video games in the next room. It felt like we were in kindergarten all over again with crafting and game time.

I'm also loving that the entire project cost $6.50


  I'm loving some of the awesome days I've been having at work lately. Like everyone else, there are times when I get tired or jaded by my job but then there are also times when I find myself doing things I never thought I would have the chance to do and loving every second of it. I've been spending less days in the office these past few weeks and more time here:


I already mentioned that I had the chance to testify at my first court hearing a few weeks ago, but I was also able to appear before the Senate to pass a Bill through our State Department last month at the Capitol. It was such a cool experience to see how the system works behind the scenes and it made me consider law school again for the 1,000th time since I graduated. Maybe someday...

Our gold-tiled Capitol

  I'm loving how much bowling time we have been getting in. If you read this post, you would see that we are trying to get out and do things we normally don’t. We've had the chance to go several times for family and friend's birthdays and I forgot what a fun sport it is.

Sweet Hudson turned 5! a few weeks ago and we celebrated with our family


We also attended our friend, Levi's, surprise birthday party with bowling, beers, and co-workers last weekend.

{Something I am not loving is the fact that Picnik is closing next month. I've been editing photos like it's going out of business... oh wait.}


  I'm loving that the days are starting to get a little warmer and we actually hit the low 70's yesterday! Daylight Savings starts this weekend and the days are going to start getting longer and warmer. I was able to break out a couple of spring-type dresses the last few days {all ones that I bought before my shopping fast of course} and I am so excited to wear things other than sweaters and coats finally.

Spring is around the corner and Easter will be here before we know it!

  I'm loving this free Printable I found several months ago through a blog I follow and how much fun Jeremy and I have been having with it. I mentioned in a previous post that we are trying to speak each other's love language more for our resolutions and I was starting to feel guilty because he was doing so much better at Acts of Service for me than I was for him.


It's always hard for me to speak his love language of Words of Affirmation because I never want it to come across sounding forced or not true. Don't get me wrong, I could talk about how proud of Jeremy I am or how much I love him all day to family, friends and co-workers but for some reason it's just harder saying it directly to his face without sounding cheesy. My friend, Caitlin, made a less-lazy MUCH cuter version than mine but I highly recommend this for other married couples!




Not to mention, it's a nicer way to remind your spouse of his honey-do list =)


 I'm loving Covergirl's Sultry Sensuelle Lipstick {although, not a fan of the name so much} and that I've made myself be a bit more daring with make-up lately. I usually stick to just chap stick or un-colored lip gloss but I've been experimenting with darker shades and I love how much it can change your look.


Makes me feel much more grown up and helps clients not refer to me as "the little girl" in our office.



   And to end this on a non-shallow note, I’m loving a new church we attended a couple of weeks ago. After several months of discouraging visits we finally found one that we absolutely loved. The worship and sermon were both great and I could really see us getting involved there. We are going to give it a few more tries before we make a final decision, but it looks very promising and I’m just so happy that we even have a front runner right now.


I don't know how much I will be on here from now until our vacation because I'm crazy-busy at work trying to get ahead of schedule before we leave and I've also had zero motivation to blog lately. I'm hoping I get back into a groove when we return home and in the meantime you guys can feel bad for me when I'm being forced to do nothing but lie on a beach drinking as many margaritas as I can consume. =)

I'll be back when I'm back!


30 comments:

  1. I love love love the DIY wreath! It is adorable! And also, where is your chevron dress from?! I need it! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's funny that we posted the same day after an equal posting date! A break has been much needed and enjoyed :-)
    And let's see:
    We've been bowling lately too. And even though I lose every single time I still love it!
    Love your bedroom.
    You are always gorgeous, makeup or not, and your style is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, girl, so many great things you are lovin.

    i LOVE the wreath. the colors are perfect for spring. as is that chevron dress, love that one too..i saw one similar to it on kiki la rue and loved it. been trying to hold back on shopping though.
    p.s. i'm pretty pissed/sad picnik is closing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Dave & I do the dry erase "I love you Because..." too! It's been really fun! Good idea to do it in the bathroom, I think we will start to do that too!
    -I am the WORST bowler EVER!!
    -I would not be able to focus at work if I knew I was going to be on a beach in 2 weeks!! Have you shopped for it yet?! You always have the cutest clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath - it turned out great! I also love your chevron dress, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very excellent things to be loving! Your little "I love you because..." board is completely awesome. Every family should have one, mine included!

    I looked at your wedding date -- you were married exactly ONE WEEK after us. Our anniversary is Dec. 14, 2008 :)

    And vacation in two weeks to Mexico -- SWEET! We leave for Brazil in two weeks. One week of vacation, one week of visiting the fam. But overall, two weeks of sunshiny goodness! I know this hard-to-focus you speak of ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All very excellent things to be loving! Your little "I love you because..." board is completely awesome. Every family should have one, mine included!

    I looked at your wedding date -- you were married exactly ONE WEEK after us. Our anniversary is Dec. 14, 2008 :)

    And vacation in two weeks to Mexico -- SWEET! We leave for Brazil in two weeks. One week of vacation, one week of visiting the fam. But overall, two weeks of sunshiny goodness! I know this hard-to-focus you speak of ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wreath, love the dress, love the DIY dry erase board!! And love you. Hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful trip! I love the chevron print top and dress in the post, super cute and springy! I love pintrest too and your wreath came out awesome! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I'm totally feeling you on the blogging thing. I actually just wrote about that too and about bowling. Great minds think a like.

    You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath turned out gorgeous! I love it!!! And I love leaving sweet notes for eachother, so great to love each other for the little things! ADORE your zigzag dress - looks so great on you! Jealous about your sunshine trip to Mexico - but have the BEST time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous of your vacation! I hope you come back with a special "souvenier" ;)

    Love that chevron dress!

    Glad to hear you think you may have found a church...so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for vacation!! I absolutely love that idea of the I love you printable! Definitely will be going that! And if course I cannot leave you a comment w/o commenting about an article of clothing :-) so I love your chevron dress! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Courtney, I've been reading your blog for a while but never commented. Love your chevron dress, so cute! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. ADORE your new bedspread!
    2. Love when you share your crafting projects
    3. Have a FABULOUS vacation!
    4. You are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol @ using the love frame for reminders!! I need "I love you, please take out the trash" ; )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the coffee filter wreath! So colourful and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. When you "post dump" I feel like there's so much I could comment on!
    Love your new bedspread and the wreath. I wonder if those coffee filter flowers would work to attach as a hair bow? They're so cute!
    I need you to go pick me out some clothes so I'm as stylish as you to hang out with all these cute college girls.
    I'll miss you during your blog break, but hope you can get a lot done so you can just enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! You are just a doll. I love your little notes to each other, makes my heart happy! :)
    You have a darling blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love how you mentioned your husband's love language. i think it is so important to know your spouse's love language and fill up their tank so often.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh. I love SO much about this post too!
    I LOVE your new comforter! We're due for a new bedroom set too.
    I'm SO sad that picnik is closing too. A little depressed about it even.
    So so enjoying the nicer weather around here. Spring is right around the corner!
    Enjoy your vacation. I'm a little jealous but I'll deal. ;-) Take lots of pics-I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the wreath-I just made a similar craft at work, only we made it in an arch of a rainbow!! so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for playing along!

    Love you loves...especially your wreath, your dress, and the I love you because picture!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have been anti-pinterest for a long time (mostly because I know I'd get sucked in), but that wreath is so darn cute that I just might have to give in. And I am beyond bummed that Picnik is closing...I'm using it as much as possible until April 19th! I'm so excited that you found a church that you love! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the note idea - I'm going to have to check out that printable! Have a fabulous vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the comment! I really love your dress! And your wreath looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the comment! I really love your dress! And your wreath looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved this post! And I totally know what you mean about not having any motivation to blog. I've been in that funk for about a month now! So excited for you to go on your vacation! Hope you have the BEST time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

And So It Began

And So It Began
December 21, 2008

Willow Bear

Willow Bear
Our Furry "Daughter"

Sisters

Sisters
"A sister is never farther away than needing her can reach."

Follow Along

Family & Friends

Designed By:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved